Submission Preparation Checklist
Authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items. We will only open peer review submissions which adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission fits the scope of FQS.
- Pls. make sure you used our template and the text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Manuscript Guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published nor is planned for publishing elsewhere. Otherwise, please contact the Editor before submitting.
- In the case of submissions resulting e.g., from PhD studies, we usually only accept single authorship. Supervisors might be acknowledged in the article after the submission has been accepted for publishing.
- Please avoid self-plagiarism by correctly quoting and citing your own work published elsewhere.
- It is the responsibility of the author, not of FQS, to obtain permission to use any previously published and/or copyrighted material, and to acknowledge the respective source in the article accordingly.
- Avoid gender bias, see the APA recommendations for Bias-Free Language.
- Please rely systematically on articles, already published in FQS.
- Please make sure to avoid anthropomorphisms for clarity (APA 6, sec. 3.09 "Precision and Clarity," p. 69); not articles or studies, but researchers/authors describe, analyze, discuss, etc.
- Please use the past tense when discussing other authors' work (APA 6, 3.18 "Verbs," p.78).
- Texts from non-native speakers should be thoroughly proof-read by a native speaker before submitting.